First of all, I would like to once again thank all of you for your patience during these troubling times. It is wonderful to be able to see all of you once again! (The absence from the office seemed like an eternity.)
Unfortunately, misinformation and “bad press” seems to be the rule during the year of the pandemic and of elections. The public is often instructed to act in a manner which is not consistent with “good common sense.” Let me reassure all of you that we are adhering to all of the guidelines of the American Dental Association and the CDC and that you should be confident of your well-being at our office.
As the ADA President puts it: “Dentistry is essential health care because of its role in evaluating, diagnosing, preventing or treating oral diseases, which can affect systemic health. . . Millions of patients have safely visited their dentists in the past few months for the full range of dental services. With appropriate PPE, dental care should continue to be delivered during global pandemics or other disaster situations.”
Among the steps being taken to ensure your health:
- Use of PPEs (Personal Protection Equipment) including masks, shields, gowns.
- Screening personnel daily for any evidence of fever or COVID symptoms.
- Screening of all patients with questionnaires and checking temperatures before brought into treatment area.
- Insistence that patients wear protective masks (or will be supplied).
- Maintaining social distancing in waiting room and leaving doorways open to minimize contact.
- Limiting number of patients scheduled at one time.
- Use of rooms separated by walls for hygiene appointments.
- Utilization of High-Speed Evacuation to help clear the air.
- Thorough disinfection of operatories after each visit.
- Adherence to all sterilization guidelines.
These are the same steps being used by those treating medical patients in a hospital setting. We are also blessed to be in an area where there has been only a minimal impact of the virus (just taken off State’s “watch list”).
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at (949) 548-5029. We look forward to seeing you!